The Communications Committee was created to facilitate and increase AALA communication, both internally and externally.
Major efforts have included:
- Facilitating the change of the organization’s name, from “Association of Author Representatives” (AAR) to “Association of American Literary Agents” (AALA). The new name makes it much easier for writers and other professionals to search for a literary agent and to find our organization.
- Launching social media accounts for AALA on Twitter and Instagram
- Increasing inter-committee communication
- Surveying the membership in line with Lee & Low’s Diversity Survey to assess and implement strategies for the organization
- Commissioning and introducing our new logo
- Launching a new, modern website.
The Communications Committee is well on its way to making the goals and achievements of AALA more visible to our members and the publishing world at large. We are an energetic and collaborative team and are actively looking to recruit more committee members. If you are comfortable on social media, enjoy writing marketing copy or pitch letters, are proficient with tech, or love making digital graphics and/or editing video, we would love to hear from you!
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.